Sunday, November 02, 2014

No Chemex? No probem!

So,  what do you do when you want coffee and don't have a Chemex handy?  You grab a canning funnel, a cloth Chemex filter here, and a thermal carafe.  So good.  So simple.  I just saved you $50 on a Chemex, or $120 on the Keurig 2.0.  Ok.  Not as visually appealing as a Chemex, I admit.  The coffee does stay hot for hours!  Especially if you preheat the carafe.

No carafe?  A Mason jar works!  Put a cozy on it and then the lid to keep the heat in.

I can see the Mason jar coffee maker on a road trip.  I know I won't be traveling with my Chemex.   No more crappy hotel room coffee (you're good as long as you have a way to make hot water).  Pack all your supplies inside the jar and you're good to go!

I admit that a quart of coffee only fills my husband's monster cup and my measly 10 oz cup so I don't need to worry about keeping it hot unless I'm home alone.

Good coffee does NOT require any fancy equipment.  People all over the world make coffee with much less.


No comments: